The general flow of the migration goes something like this:
- The migration will happen on our end where we will have staff to manually migrate all the content over from your existing website onto Isomer.
- Once that is completed, we will share the access to the repository to you and your team where you will be able to review the migrated content. As Isomer has some limitations, the content will not turn out exactly like what you have on your website. (For e.g., Isomer is unable to host flipbooks or videos on the platform itself.)
- We will also share a Google Document containing all the issues/discrepancies we have faced while migrating your existing content for you to review.
- If there are certain changes which you will require, you can make the amendments directly or write to us to help make the amendments (would appreciate if you could collate the changes so that it is easier to track as well).
- Once all content are verified to be correct, our MOE colleagues will schedule your school for site launch.
- Two days before the site launch day, your team will need to perform a pull request and merge. Details will be shared with you on how to do this.
- Once merging is completed, on the site launch day, your old website will be taken and replaced with the Isomer site.
- The Isomer site will also be officially handed to your team to maintain. (We will still be reachable here if your have any issues/enquiries.)
To make the process as seamless as possible, there are things that you can start first on your end:
- Create your github accounts. (We will need a minimum of 2 Github IDs per school) You can follow the instrcutions here to create your account with your government email: https://guide.isomer.gov.sg/setup/github-account
- Upload your videos onto your school’s Youtube account. (As Isomer itself is unable to host videos, schools will have to upload their videos onto Youtube before we can embed them onto the pages.)
- Transfers your photo galleries onto Google Slides. As Isomer is unable to host other photo galleries/slideshow other than Google Slides. You can start to have these changed to Google Slide instead. Once that that is done, we can embed the Google slides onto the page as a photo slideshow.
- Host flipbooks away from your current website. We are unable to host flipbooks on isomer but we can provide a hyperlink to the Flipbook itself. However, if the flipbook is hosted on your existing website, it will also go down on the day of the site launch.
- Once you have provided us with your Github IDs, I will provide access to the CMS so that you can explore the features available. As the school will have to maintain the website such as updating of its content once the website is launched, we would encourage your team to familiarise yourself with Isomer as soon as possible. You can also visit our online guide to have a better understanding of Isomer: https://guide.isomer.gov.sg